Many of us look forward to the holiday season all year long. What’s not to love about celebrating with friends and family, eating delicious holiday food, sharing the joy, and giving and receiving presents?! There is nothing better, right?
My favorite part of the holidays is definitely Christmas cookies (as most of you know from my infamous story — my wakeup call came when my grandma slapped my hand to stop me from mindlessly eating her fresh-baked cookies), but the key is to make them healthy Christmas cookies.
We all want to enjoy the holidays without packing on extra pounds, and that is exactly why I’ve gathered some of my favorite healthy cookie recipes for you to save and enjoy.
There are so many healthy cookie recipes out there, it’s just a matter of choosing which healthy Christmas cookies you want to make!
The wonderful thing about the healthy cookie recipes included here is that they don’t have all that added butter and sugar, but they still taste one hundred percent yummy (and they are EASY to make!)
You see, you don’t have to go over the top with calories and excess junk to make things taste amazing, you just have to have a great healthy cookie recipe.
Santa’s Snickerdoodle Protein Cookies
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 ½ scoops (84g) LadyBoss® LEAN
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon xylitol, (optional)
- Sift together coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together the melted coconut oil, egg, vanilla and honey.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Mix until dough is fairly well-blended.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for approximately 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray).
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and xylitol (if desired).
- Shape dough into small balls (about 1.5 tbs size).
- Roll in cinnamon/xylitol mixture (optional).
- Place cookies on baking sheet.
- Flatten cookies into desired shapes.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Peppermint Protein Cookies
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 6 tablespoons of LadyBoss® LEAN
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 10 tablespoon maple syrup
- 7–9 drops peppermint extract/oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Scoop cookies onto your cookie tray.
- Gently press the cookies down to flatten.
- Makes approx. 18 cookies.
- Bake for about 15 mins.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 1/4 cup LadyBoss® LEAN®
- 2 cups old fashioned Oats
- 1 teaspoon. baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter softened (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a food processor to finely grind the oats into a flour consistency.
- Combine ground and whole oats, protein powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla to the mixing bowl, mix until combined.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop the cookies into small balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper/baking mat.
- Pat the cookies down by hand so they are fairly spread. Top with a couple peanut butter chips if desired.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool & ENJOY!!!
Not Your Grandma’s Salted Caramel Protein Cookies
- 1 scoop
- LadyBoss® LEAN1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon caramel extract
- 1 tablespoon Nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée or 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup caramel bits/chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, combine protein powder, egg, caramel extract, yogurt and pumpkin purée mix well. Stir in caramel chips by hand.
- Scoop batter onto lined parchment cookie sheet. Space them to make approx. 12 cookies. Bake for 8-10 min. Let them cool for 5 min. Top with extra caramel if desired.
Combine 2 teaspoon sugar free vanilla pudding mixed with 1 tablespoon nonfat Greek yogurt and dash of caramel extract syrup plus 1-2 teaspoon of hot water. Pour over baked cookies and add sprinkles!
Fill Up The Cookie Jar
Healthy cookies are the perfect way to add extra love to your meals, gatherings, parties, and gifts this holiday season!
Bake healthy cookies that are both a family favorite and the perfect on-the-go snack when you need an extra bit of energy and protein.
You also can enjoy these healthy cookies at any time of year, especially during birthdays and celebrations.
Be sure to bake plenty of these healthy cookies for your family and friends. And don’t be shy about sharing the recipes!
Latest posts by Kaelin Tuell Poulin, LadyBoss Co-Founder, Weight Loss Expert, Best Selling Author (see all)
- The Top 5 Benefits Of Using LadyBoss BURN For Weight Loss - February 11, 2020
- Get Trim In 20 Days - February 10, 2020
- The Best Weight Loss Programs Combine Workout, Diet Plans - January 22, 2020