Slim Down Using Quick Workouts and Easy, Healthy Recipes
You live a busy life. Between work, school, family, and other commitments, it’s easy to feel like you don’t have the time to exercise or eat healthy meals. You want to focus on slimming down but finding the way to do that seems impossible. But what if I told you LadyBoss has a solution that will help you get trim in 20 minutes a day?
My expert weight loss coaches and I hear about your roadblocks all the time.
Working out is boring, meal prep takes too long, healthy food doesn’t taste good, the gym is too intimidating, and the biggest and baddest of them all: You just don’t have the TIME.
You don’t have time for your kids, let alone self-improvement!
That’s why a simple program like Trim in 20 that teaches you how to slim down in 20 minutes a day could be a game-changer for you.
My expert weight loss coaches and I created Trim in 20 to show you that it is totally possible to have fun working out in the comfort of your own home without fancy equipment.
You can learn to meal prep delicious food in record time, foods that give you the protein, carbs, and dietary fiber you require daily.
And, most of all, you’ll have the tools to help you win back your time so you can do the things you love the most.
For too long, exercise has seemed like it has to be an endurance contest to be effective. But the truth is you can challenge your muscles, and burn more calories with short, intense workouts.
The trick is to do High-Intensity Interval Training or HIIT workouts. HIIT is one of the hottest training methods in the fitness world today due to its short duration and awesome results.
As the name suggests, it’s intense. And, it burns calories super fast.
High-Intensity Interval Training workouts are structured into short bursts of all-out work alternating with active rest periods. You’ll want to aim for an 8-10 on the perceived exertion chart.
The workouts help increase your metabolic rate and allow your body to continue to burn calories for three to 24 hours after your session ends.
Using the Trim in 20 program will teach you how to get trim by creating your own HIIT workouts. You’ll mix and match the collection of total body, cardio and ab exercises the program provides into your own personal workouts.
For example, combine the three exercises below and then repeat the circuit three times.
Begin in standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold your dumbbell or kettlebell under your chin. Begin to lower as if sitting down into a chair making sure to keep your weight in the back of your heels. Lower down so your thighs are as parallel to the floor as possible keeping your knees over your ankles.
Drive back up into starting position keeping your weight in the back of your heels. Once standing, press your dumbbell or kettlebell over your head and return to the starting position. Repeat for three minutes.
Do a jumping jack and touch the kettlebell that sits on the floor each time. Repeat for two minutes.
Stand up straight holding dumbbell/kettlebell in one hand down to your side and your other hand on your head. Keeping your core tight, bend at the waist toward the side holding your dumbbell or kettlebell. Slowly lower your dumbbell or kettlebell down towards your knee and then slowly back up to starting position.
Switch dumbbell or kettlebell to opposite hand and repeat, alternating for reps as directed for one minute.
Repeat the circuit three times for an 18-minute HIIT workout. Then, finish with a two-minute cool down.
Easy Meal Prep
Cooking healthy meals doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. The best way to get your time back is to use the Trim in 20 recipes and make several servings. Then they will be ready when you’re hungry and you won’t have to spend time cooking then.
Try these easy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, a snack, and a shake.
1 pound deli cut meat (turkey or ham)
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Line muffin tin with deli meat to create a “muffin cup”
- Crack an egg directly into each “muffin cup”
- Add a dash of salt and pepper and a pinch of shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake 20 minutes. Two egg cups equal one serving.
Spicy Tuna Lettuce Wraps
StarKist Tuna Creations Packet (Get 7 for the week)
2 pieces romaine lettuce (one bundle or head of romaine for the week)
Pinch of green onion to taste (4-5 stalks chopped in advance for the week)
Pinch of tomato to taste (2 tomatoes chopped in advance for the week)
1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Mix tuna packet, green onion, tomatoes, and sriracha together in a bowl.
- Fold into romaine leaves. Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Chicken Or Shrimp With Veggies
2 pounds of chicken breast or 2 pounds of shrimp (your choice!)
3 ½ cups asparagus
3 ½ cups broccoli
3 ½ cups red potatoes
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Your favorite variety of Ms. Dash
- Preheat over to 425 degrees
- If using chicken, chop into smaller pieces
- Chop asparagus, broccoli, and red potatoes.
- Arrange ½ cup shrimp or chopped chicken, ¼ cup asparagus, ¼ cup broccoli, and ¼ cup red potatoes onto a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush meat and veggies with olive oil and flavor with Ms. Dash.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until chicken (or shrimp) is cooked through and veggies are slightly charred. Shrimp will take less time to bake — usually 6-8 minutes. Add shrimp to the pan after baking for 10 minutes.
- Prep multiple sheets at once and refrigerate to save time, or make one sheet at a time but chop your veggies in advance and refrigerate to make the prep super quick!
Almond Butter Blueberry Rice Cakes
1 plain rice cake (7 for the week)
1 tablespoon almond butter (7 tablespoons for the week)
½ cup blueberries (3.5 cups for the week)
- Spread almond butter on a rice cake, enjoy with a side of blueberries.
Strawberry Orange Shake
6 ounces of orange juice
6 ounces of water
4 or 5 frozen strawberries
1 scoop LadyBoss® LEAN
- Blend in blender until smooth.
Get Trim Now!
Time is a precious commodity. Make the most of yours by fixing quick, easy meals, and completing HIIT workouts.
- The AB-Solutely Best AB Exercises for Women - September 18, 2020
- LadyBoss Ultimate Transformation Academy, ReWire A New You - September 10, 2020
- Pre-Workout Drinks: What To Look For and What to Look Out For - September 9, 2020