Keep it light and sexy with healthy Valentine’s Day recipes
A healthy Valentine’s Day Recipe is a thoughtful way to show your loved one just how much you care!
There are tons of ways to enjoy a romantic and sensual Valentine’s Day without ruining your weight loss progress. You can celebrate and still enjoy a healthy, easy meal.
Some of the most popular Valentine’s Day dishes are things like French onion soup, chicken roast, filet mignon, pork tenderloin, lamb chops, and shrimp scampi!
The most popular sauce to top such dishes is white sauce.
Just don’t forget to save room for your favorite dessert after!
And don’t forget to stock up on LadyBoss® LEAN so you can make all your favorite healthy desserts this Valentine’s Day! Use the link on the back of the package to find all kinds of delicious, healthy recipes!
French Onion Soup Valentine’s Day Recipe
Is it surprising to you that French onion soup is a top choice for Valentine’s Day dishes?
Whether you are making homemade or instant French onion soup, you won’t believe how easy this recipe is (and it’s vegetarian!)
- 4 sweet onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 64 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- French bread
- Low-fat cheese (your choice)
- Place a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, butter, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook for 30 minutes until the onions begin to brown and caramelize, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the flour and let cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the broth and thyme. Cook on low for 20 minutes (or let simmer for 40 minutes).
- Place in individual bowls, and slice a small piece of bread and place on top of the soup. Cover with one slice of cheese and broil for 3 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Yields 8 servings. ENJOY!!
Chicken Roast Recipe
Look no further for a healthy roast chicken Valentine’s Day Recipe your partner is sure to love! You also can use this recipe as a family favorite. Just make sure you let the juices run clear, and don’t forget the ground black pepper!
Do you want an expert coach tip? Double this recipe! It doesn’t take any more time and now you have a delicious roasted chicken that you can use for other meals during the week. Shred or dice the chicken, add a little low sodium taco seasoning and make a burrito bowl, or put some of the chicken on top of a beautiful salad. The possibilities are endless!
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) roasting chicken
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme, plus 20 sprigs
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
- 4 carrots cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 bulb of fennel, tops removed, and cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove the excess fat and pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Stuff the chicken with the bunch of thyme, both lemon halves, and all the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the onions, carrots, and fennel in a roasting pan. Toss with salt, pepper, 20 sprigs of thyme, and olive oil. Spread around the bottom of the roasting pan and place the chicken on top.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and thigh. Move the chicken and veggies to a platter and cover with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes. Slice the chicken onto a platter and serve it with the veggies.
Filet Mignon Recipe
The perfect filet mignon begins by picking your perfect cut of meat. This is a romantic dish guaranteed to please. Grab your sea salt and get ready to cook some filet mignon with me!!
- 2 6-ounce beef tenderloin filet mignon steaks, trimmed of fat
- Low fat olive oil cooking spray
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Please note that it’s best to use a meat thermometer for this recipe.
- Let the steaks rest on the counter for at least 30 minutes before cooking. They must be room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray the steak lightly all over with cooking spray, then season both sides well with kosher salt and black pepper.
- When the oven is ready, heat the skillet over high heat until the pan is very hot.
- When hot, add the steaks and cook for 2 1/2 minutes. Turn over and cook an additional 2 1/2 minutes.
- Sear the sides of the steaks for about 1 minute until brown.
- Place the steaks in the oven for 5 minutes, then check them with the meat thermometer inserted into the side of the steak.
- Remove when the steaks read 125° F for medium-rare, or 130° F for medium.
- Let them rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving (meat temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after it is removed from the oven). Enjoy!!
Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Many couples enjoy pork tenderloin as a simple and comforting meal. Whether you wish to make baked pork tenderloin or roast pork tenderloin, you are guaranteed to love my recipe!
This is another great recipe to make double! It freezes well and can be reheated easily on the nights you don’t feel like cooking.
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning blend or 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme, oregano, and parsley or rosemary
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper or a pinch of finely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pat pork tenderloin dry with a paper towel.
- Stir together lemon juice, garlic, dried herbs, oil, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, and honey.
- Pour half of the mixture into a large Ziploc bag along with the tenderloin. Press out excess air, seal the bag, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium and oil the grates.
- Using tongs, transfer pork to the grill. Close the grill and cook 15-20 minutes, turning every few minutes to ensure even cooking and brushing reserved marinade over all sides of the pork halfway through grilling.
- Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Lamb Chops Valentine’s Day Recipe
Lamb chops are an American favorite for a reason! Easy to make and easy to pair with side dishes, this healthy grilled lamb chops recipe will make the meat-eater in your life happy this Valentine’s Day.
Just make sure you have your fresh chopped rosemary ready for these grilled lamb chops!
- 8 lamb loin or rib chops, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Trim excess fat from chops. Sprinkle both sides of chops evenly with thyme and crushed red pepper, rubbing it in with your fingers.
- For a gas or charcoal grill, place chops on the greased rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill, covered, to your liking. Allow 12-14 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) or 15-17 minutes for medium (160 degrees F).
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
To a seafood lover and a romantic, there is nothing better than healthy shrimp scampi, especially a Shrimp Scampi Valentine’s Day Recipe!
If you don’t know how to make shrimp scampi, you’re about to find out the simple way to do so with this healthy and scrumptious shrimp scampi pasta recipe that is low in carbs and high in flavor.
Shrimp Scampi And Zucchini Noodles Recipe
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot — finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic — minced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 pound large raw shrimp — peeled and deveined with tails on (fresh or frozen then thawed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth — or white wine
- Zest from a 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini noodles — from about 4 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallot and cook until starting to soften, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the shrimp are beginning to cook but are still somewhat translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, just until the shrimp are completely opaque and cooked through.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and parsley.
- Toss the noodles with the shrimp so that they are coated with the garlic-lemon sauce and heat just until warmed through. (Do not overcook or the zucchini noodles will become mushy.)
- Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan. Serve warm.
A Sweet Treat
Need a little something sweet to finish off your meal? Try these stuffed strawberries.
LadyBoss® LEAN Stuffed Strawberries
8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
½ cup vegan butter
3 cups stevia powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup LadyBoss LEAN
Optional: chocolate to drizzle on strawberries
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and LEAN. Add in powdered sugar until you obtain your desired frosting consistency. If it is too thick, you can add a splash of milk (use your preferred kind)
- Stuff LEAN mixture in strawberries
- Drizzle chocolate on strawberries
Healthy Food Means Love
Feel free to cook any of the recipes for your romantic Valentine’s Day dinner, and don’t hesitate to share these with your friends and family.
After all, French onion soup, roast chicken, filet mignon, pork tenderloin, lamb chops, and shrimp scampi make simple go-to recipes for all the food-lovers in your life! You don’t have to pile on the calories to enjoy a special night in with your special someone.
The amazing food is only one part of a romantic and healthy Valentine’s Day.
Remember to spread some sparkle (as we LadyBosses say) to those you love!
If you need more inspirational recipes, check out the LadyBoss® Free 7 Day Experience. It offers all of the tools you need (including more than 300 easy, healthy recipes) so you can succeed in your weight loss journey once and for all.
- 8 Brownie Milkshake Recipes That Won’t Grow Your Waistline! - July 27, 2020
- Processed Foods And Why The C.R.A.P. We Eat Makes Us Fat - April 21, 2020
- The Best Low-Impact Cardio Exercises For Women - April 6, 2020