Getting bored with your regular workout routine? Shake it up by getting your groove on!
Dance workouts are an amazing way to have fun while torching some serious calories by keeping your heart rate in the fat-burning zone. According to a study done by the University of Brighton UK, dance exercise can burn up to 300 calories every 30 minutes!
Trading your regular fitness routine for a cardio dance workout can bring physical benefits such as improved heart and lung function and increased muscle tone and strength. Dance also promotes better coordination and agility as well as greater self-confidence and self-esteem. With all these perks, its no wonder more people are turning up their music and using dance exercise as a fun way to get and stay fit.
If you’re ready to jump into the dance workout craze, there are a few things you can do to make your routine count:
- Keep moving! It’s important to keep your heart rate elevated in order to burn calories.
- Find a class. Dance studios are amazing, but many local gyms now offer instructor-led cardio dance workouts.
- A little shy? Don’t worry! Get moving from the comfort of your own home. You can find quality cardio dance classes online. Try YouTube for your choice of video dance classes that can accommodate any level of fitness.
- Go for FUN! There are so many different dance styles to consider. Go for the style that appeals to you most so you can let your hair down and cut a rug!
Types of Dance Workouts
There are many different types of dance workouts and each has its own flavor. Go with the style that appeals to you most so you can keep your energy high and the fun flowing through the entire workout.
- Barre. This ballet-inspired dance exercise is a full-body workout that uses a slower pace to focus on lengthening muscles to help you achieve a dancer’s body.
- Hip-hop. Hip-hop is a faster-paced, rhythmic dance workout that incorporates street styles and different choreographed sequences to contemporary music. Hip-hop classes are a great way to strengthen muscles while burning serious calories!
- Pole Fitness. Pole dancing has become an increasingly popular form of dance exercise. It requires sensual dancing on a vertical pole and helps build muscular endurance and coordination, as well as upper and lower-body strength.
- Zumba. Another popular form of cardio dance exercise that incorporates Latin music and dance moves for a fun rhythmic workout. Alternating between fast and slow movements, you will continuously burn calories throughout the workout. A lot of Zumba classes also offer strength training segments for added benefit.
While there are many unique cardio dance workouts to choose from, each style opens up an opportunity to swap your existing exercise routine in exchange for a fun dance workout. They’re all sure to keep your body moving and energy high. If you loved the sample dance workout above, check out the LadyBossⓇ FREE 7 day experience for more workouts that will help keep your routine fresh and fun.