We all know that cinnamon rolls are delicious, but not necessarily nutritious. But did you know that you can make protein cinnamon rolls that give you the best of both worlds?
Well, you can.
As a matter of fact, we found an awesome recipe for baked protein cinnamon rolls, and we’re excited to share it with you.
So, what is a protein cinnamon roll? They’re just like regular cinnamon rolls, except they are packed with protein and extra nutrients that your body needs to get through the day.
While most protein cinnamon rolls recipes are full of gluten, this low-carb, high-protein cinnamon roll recipe gives you a gluten-free option that doesn’t lose texture or flavor.
Baked Protein Cinnamon Rolls
While there are microwave mug cake recipes for high-protein cinnamon rolls, you get the best results from good old fashioned baking.
Not only does baking your protein cinnamon rolls deliver the comfort food feel that you’re looking for in such an indulgent treat, but it also fills your home with the warm smell of bakery goods.
This added layer of homemade flavor helps you satiate those sugary cravings while staying as healthy as possible.
Can’t believe it? Check out this recipe?
Low-Carb, High-Protein Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- 1 scoop + 1 tbsp LadyBoss LEAN divided
- ¼ c gluten-free baking mix
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted, divided
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cold water as needed
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk 1 scoop of LadyBoss LEAN, flour, and baking powder until well-combined.
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil and unsweetened applesauce until a sticky dough forms. (If the dough is too dry, add 1 tsp of cold water at a time, until the dough is sticky).
- On a floured surface, form a 2-inch thick “snake” with the dough and flatten.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 2 tsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp LadyBoss LEAN and cinnamon until a loose paste forms.
- Spread cinnamon mixture over the dough.
- Carefully roll dough into a bun, and place in a 4-inch greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake
Now, even though the protein cinnamon roll recipe is delicious and better for you than a standard cinnamon roll, it can be on the high-calorie side. That’s why we’re also sharing this awesome recipe for a cinnamon roll protein shake.
While the protein shake might be missing that homemade cinnamon roll texture you might crave, it gives you the sweetness you’re looking for.
You can use this recipe to trick your mind into thinking you are drinking a whole cup of the glaze on top of a cinnamon roll.
As an added bonus, you get the flavors you’re looking for with only a fraction of the calories.
Who could possibly complain about that?
Here’s a quick shake recipe to give you the ultimate cinnamon roll flavor.
Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake
- 8 oz almond milk
- 1 scoop LadyBoss LEAN
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp honey
- 2 ice cubes
- Blend until smooth
What Is LadyBoss LEAN?
So, both of the recipes you see here have LadyBoss LEAN as the main ingredient. So, what is LadyBoss LEAN?
The short answer is: LadyBoss LEAN is one of the best-tasting protein supplements on the market. It tastes like vanilla cake on its own, but there is so much more to it.
LEAN gives you the vitamins and minerals your body needs throughout the day while offering a way to curb your sweet cravings.
You’ll notice that these recipes don’t contain a lot of extra sweeteners or sugars. That’s because LadyBoss LEAN has the sweetness that most other protein supplements lack.
That’s just one of the reasons LadyBoss LEAN is so perfect for baking.
You can find more recipes that use LEAN here.