Protein Shakes with Probiotics
A protein shake with probiotics is an all-in-one gut health powerhouse. Because let’s face it, nothing can ruin a day faster than digestive trouble. That’s why a protein and probiotics protein powder shake can be precisely what your gut needs.
And while there are protein powders out there with probiotics added in, we believe that the best protein powder with probiotics is one where you add the probiotics right into the shake yourself! And that is what we did with this protein shake with probiotics recipe.
Another bonus of this probiotic protein shake recipe is that we have doubled up on gut health fighting power. It contains yogurt, a food naturally rich in probiotics, and our LadyBoss LEAN®, which contains digestive enzymes to help support proper digestion.
We already love a probiotic yogurt protein shake because not only does it pack more of a probiotic punch, but it makes for a much creamier shake, and who wouldn’t want that? But adding LEAN into the mix just affirms that it will be a shake packed with protein, nutrients and guaranteed to be downright delicious!
Now, some might wonder if taking probiotics with a protein smoothie that already has digestive enzymes built-in is too much gut health support. The answer to that is a simple, “No.” Because probiotics and digestive enzymes, while both support gut health, do different things.
Probiotics are living microorganisms that live in our gut and positively affect our overall body/physiological process. Digestive enzymes are molecules that help break down the food we eat, making it easier for our gut to digest. So taking probiotics with a protein shake that already contains digestive enzymes will only positively support gut health even more.
Or, to put it another way, taking probiotics with a protein shake that also contains digestive enzymes will give you a good feeling in your gut.
Now, let’s get down to the shaking.
LEAN Protein Shake with Probiotics
- ½ c plain Greek yogurt
- ½ c unsweetened almond milk
- ½ c frozen strawberries
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 scoop LadyBoss LEAN
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½-1 c of ice
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Variations on a Theme
- The Fruit Exchange: This recipe is just one variation of many possibilities. Never hesitate to experiment with flavors! For example, swap out the frozen strawberries for another fruit, such as mango, or use a frozen berry mix!
- Let’s Have Dessert: Another example, if you’re someone who loves the taste of chocolate and peanut butter, then take out the frozen strawberries and add in 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. With that combo, you’ve got a protein shake loaded with probiotics but also tastes like a dessert!
- Get Buzzed: Who doesn’t love a good buzz? By the way, we’re talking about coffee and caffeine here. But if you want to up your coffee game in the morning, then take this probiotic LEAN recipe and swap out the frozen strawberries for a ¼ cup of cooled coffee and bing, bang, boom! You’ve now got your morning coffee, your breakfast, and a happy gut all from one shake. We call that magic.