A coffee protein shake or smoothie is simply the best of two worlds. That’s why we’ve been going through our collection of coffee protein shake recipes to figure out which are our favorites! There’s a chocolate coffee protein shake recipe we love, there’s one that is basically an iced coffee protein shake, and of course, there’s also all the coffee protein smoothie recipes to consider!
And, in case you didn’t know, there is a difference between shakes and smoothies. Smoothies typically contain fruit, whereas shakes resemble, well, a milkshake.
Of course, you could just add protein powder in coffee and call it a day! But if you’re going to have coffee with protein powder, doesn’t it just sound even more delicious to make it a smoothie or a shake? After all, with a coffee protein shake, breakfast on the go just got a lot easier. In one drink, you’ve got your coffee and a balanced nutritious breakfast.
So, can you put protein powder in coffee? Sure, our LadyBoss LEAN® goes great with coffee. But it might go even better when blended into a cafe mocha protein shake. Then again, we may be biased because we think LEAN goes great with almost anything!
Nevertheless, we finally decided which two coffee protein recipes we wanted to declare our favorites! We chose one shake recipe and one smoothie recipe. One is a classic flavor; the other is just a downright guilty pleasure, but hold the guilt.
Now, go pull out the blender and fire up the coffee maker because we guarantee that you will want to make these coffee protein recipes immediately.
Jolt Coffee Smoothie
- 1 c black coffee cooled
- ½ c skim milk can substitute with any dairy-free milk option
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop LadyBoss LEAN ®
- 4 ice cubes
- Blend well in a blender.
Peppermint Mocha LEAN® Shake
- Coffee Maker
- 1 c of your choice of coffee
- 3-5 Ice cubes optional
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4-5 drops peppermint extract more or less depending on how strong you want it!
- 1 Scoop of LadyBoss LEAN®
- Blend all the ingredients together in a high-powered blender until smooth, and garnish with peppermint/chocolate chip sprinkles! If you want a warm drink, blend and then microwave for 1 to 2 minutes!